Tuesday, March 25, 2008

mini comic o doom

Okay, the comic has been drawn. Now if we can ink it by tomorrow then we are golden and we will be set to turn it in. Holla. I didn't update for Monday because I was exhausted and kind of sick so I'm going to try to get in twice the update this time around. Chances are it isn't going to happen but let's just pretend like this is a mondo update and that maybe it counts for two.

Spring Break... sucked the big one. Well okay, it wasn't that bad I suppose. I spent a lot of time planted in front of my stepdad's HD tv watching all my new dvd's on the blu ray player because it makes it look so much better than my crappy little tv in my apartment. I got four of the 2007 eight films to die for. They are pretty campy and cheesy but I seriously love a good indie horror flick (or a bad one). I got Deaths of Ian Stone, Tooth and Nail, Crazy Eights, and Mulberry Street. I also picked up American Gangster and No Country for Old Men from my dad. I haven't watched American Gangster yet but hopefully it will be good. Also, I'm pretty sure that I left my iPod at my stepdad's house and that really sucks because I don't want to drive all the way back there to get it :/ When I got back to my apartment on Monday of last week the heat wasn't working. So I spent like three days wrapped up in blankets trying not to freeze to death before I went back to Bloomington again. I worked a few days. Ate a lot of food. That was the extent of my break.

Also, I finished reading Stuck Rubber Baby but I left the book in Bloomington. It's probably in the same place as my iPod but I'm far less broken up about leaving that book than I am about the iPod. Probably because the book just sort of drove me nuts with the people all looking the same. Not that I can complain because when I was drawing my mini comic everyone looks the same. I'm possibly the worst artist on the planet but I was at least moderately amused for most of the whole time I was working on the project. Well, I am amused now that I am looking at the finished project. I was pretty stressed out while doing it because as it turns out I am the world's slowest drawer, even though my art sucks it still took forever.

In music news, I did not get Paramore tickets. Woe is me. I did however download the Panic at the Disco leak and I was seriously disappointed. So now I'm kind of pissed that I got Panic tickets instead of Paramore tickets because at least Paramore is going to put on a good show and play music I want to hear. I just wish that the new Panic was trying to be more like Panic and trying less to be the Beatles. Let's be honest, they are not the Beatles. If they only play new stuff at the concert I'm going to be pissed off.

And speaking of Paramore, here's their new video:




and I'm spent. I haven't slept in like 36 hours so I'm going to go work on that.

No comments: